Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bicycles and sweat

I tried out my new kicks a couple of days ago and I loved em! This was my first time trying out clip ins on the open road and contrary to all the 'advice' I previously received... I didn't fall! There was one close call with a civic, and another time I forgot that my shoes were attached to the bike so there was an awkward wobbly situation. But after an hour exploring the wonderful trails of Calgary, I got it figured out. 



Some advice for new cyclists:
  1. If you can, practice clipping in and out of the pedals on a trainer first. 
  2. For the sake of your pride and well being, practice in a low traffic area. 
  3. Don't make any sudden movements... 
  4. Avoid steep hills... I don't know what I'm going to do if I have to dismount on a steep hill. 
  5. To dismount on flat ground, you unclip one foot then swing your leg over to the other side and hope like hell your other foot unclips :) easy peasy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment