Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Just keep running...

I don't know about you, but I regularly want to quit when I'm 10 minutes into a run. I'm not in pain and I'm usually not out of breath at 10 minutes so it's not a physically limiting urge to quit. Instead, it's obsessive thoughts about quitting or justifying a shorter run. 

Today's run was tough... My mind was consumed by thoughts of 'just quit' for 20 of my 40 minute run. Usually when this happens I picture myself in a bikini or a dress and visualize how I want to look in that 'outfit'. I know if I want to look like how I picture myself, I am going to need to work out. Therefore I keep running. 

But that didn't work for me today... Instead I thought of how proud I will feel when I complete the entire 40 minute run without stopping. I pushed throfufh and completed the run. My motivation to exercise is slowly shifting to become more internal. It feels great! 


No comments:

Post a Comment